So you’ve invested a lot of times in planning your event and wondering how can you get more people to attend the event? We hear you, and thus we have come out a list of actionable tips for you to get as many attendees as you want for your event.
How To Get More People To My Event?
- Ask them what they want beforehand. Do some research, go to online forums, send surveys via email. Research what your target actually wants.
- Approach people after an event. Ask them what they liked and what they didn’t so you can make the appropriate changes the next time you’re a host.
- Send out “save the dates” early. People are busy, busy, mate! Make sure early on that you make it to their calendars. You don’t want to hear someone at the other end of the line going “I’ll see if I can fit it in”.
- Tease them. Are there going to be cool giveaways? Mouth-watering appetisers? Amazing speakers? Then tease them! Maybe the caterer can lend you some pictures or the speaker can send you a video preview. Distribute the content through your social media outlets and emails. Make them believe they’ll regret it if they don’t show up.
- Create social media profiles. As part of your branding, consider creating social media profiles for your event, specially if you plan for it to be a recurring one. Study your target and decide on which outlets will work best in the particular case.
- Create a hashtag. A hashtag lets you to keep track of what people are saying about the you and in turn, your attendees will feel like they’re part of a group. Just remember to keep it short and simple!
- Target Influencers. Influencers are trend setters with ones with thousands (sometimes hundreds of thousands) followers. Being mentioned by one of these people on social media will get you an insane amount of leads. If the influencer trusts you then the others will as well.
- Show them the money! Most people don’t have imagination. You have to paint them a picture to let them know what they can gain from attending your event. Potential clients? Knowledge? Networking? Let them know!
- Run an online giveaway or raffle. A good way to create buzz around an event is to organise a contest. Create hype weeks prior to the date and announce the winner at the end of the event to motivate attendees to see the entire thing through.
- Add an announcement about your event to your email signature. Everyone you get in touch with will hear about your event in a subtle way.